While our communities face uncertainty and instability due to the global COVID-19 pandemic, the Colorado Reproductive Health, Rights, and Justice Coalition is committed to providing support, advocacy, and resources to folks in our state who are in need.
We affirm that all Coloradans deserve and should have access to basic necessities, paid sick leave, a livable wage, and afforable healthcare services, including easily accessable abortion and reproductive health care services. This public health crisis has brought to light and exacerbated existing barriers to reproductive healthcare, disproportionately impacting low-income folks, communities of color, and undocumented individuals in our state.
As our coalition continues to work diligently to address the needs of our communities, we have compiled a growing list of resources below:
COVID-19 Tracking Project
The COVID Tracking Project collects information from 50 US states, the District of Columbia, and 5 other US territories to provide the most comprehensive testing data we can collect for the novel coronavirus
REPRODUCTIVE HEALTH SERVICES
- Get birth control and UTI treatment though tele-health directly from providers at Planned Parenthood.
- PP Direct: Download HERE
- Other Online Birth Control Options
- Cobalt Abortion Fund provides direct financial assistance to individuals seeking abortion care.
- Abortion Care Finder
- Cobalt's Free Condom Service
- COLOR Lyft Partnership for ride assistance to healthcare appointments. Submit form HERE
- Your Questions About Reproductive Health During the COVID-19 Pandemic, Answered
FINANCES & HOUSING
UTILITIES & SERVICES
- Xcel Energy: During this time, disconnections for nonpayment of gas service in Colorado has been halted.
- Free Internet from Xfinnity: Provided with free hotspots throughout the state.
- Spectrum Internet is offering two months free.
- A Tenant’s Guide to rent during time of COVID-19
- Temporary Rental and Utility Assistance Program and the Spanish version of this guide
- Resources for Coloradans facing poverty while preparing for the corona virus
- Lists of banks offering relief to customers affected by covid-19
HEALTH INSURANCE ASSISTANCE
- Access to Emergency Medicaid
- Center for Health Progress has created a resource list with important information for people without insurance.
- The Division of Insurance issued an emergency rule establishing a Special Enrollment Period. Anyone who is uninsured and is otherwise eligible to purchase a plan can enroll until April 30th. Sign up for health insurance today at: connectforhealthco.com
OTHER FINANCIAL SUPPORT AND ASSISTANCE:
- One Fair Wage (cash assistance to tipped and service workers)
- USBG National Charity Foundation (emergency fund for bartenders)
- Denver Metro Area Artist COVID-19 Relief Fund
- COVID-19 & Freelance Artists
- For Artists in Rural Colorado
- Denver Metro Area Artist Relief Fund- to donate
- Growing list of resources for gig workers
- Hunger Free Colorado has set up a Food Resource Hotline for anyone who needs help locating food.
- Call 855-855-4626, M - F (8 am - 4:30 pm) to find school meals, food pantries, and SNAP and WIC enrollment.
- CO school districts are offering meals to children who rely on school meals. Click HERE to find one near you.
- Grab-and-Go dinners are provided by the Tasty Food Denver Youth Eat Free program with the City and County of Denver, Office of Children's Affairs.
- These meals are for youth between the ages of 1 - 18 and available on a first-come, first-served basis at 17 Denver recreation centers Monday - Friday, 3:30 - 5:30 p.m. No ID or registration required denvergov.org/TastyFood.
- Food Bank of the Rockies
- Community Table- Community Table is serving the residents of Arvada and neighboring communities in Northern Jefferson County would have a place to go for emergency food. They are distributing food boxes.
- GrowHaus Food Boxes
- List of food pantries operating during COVID-19 situation
- Denver Food Pantry Spreadsheet
- Sunvalley Kitchen
- No-Cost Grocery Program, in partnership with Denver Food Rescue, each Wednesday (2-3pm) and Saturday (11am-12pm)
- Free Meals For Students
- Lynx Mobile Food Pantry Tuesday, March 24 | 9 – 11 a.m. (or until supplies last*) Walnut Lot, West 4th Street, Denver
WELLNESS & MENTAL HEALTH
- Khesed Wellness is providing FREE video and phone mental health therapy sessions for underinsured displaced workers in the Greater Denver area.
- NAMI have some great resources (For support, text NAMI to 741741 or call the NAMI Helpline at 1-800-950-NAMI (6264).
- Taking Care of Your Mental Health in the Face of Uncertainty
- Colorado Crisis Services (mental health support) phone number: 1-844-493-8255 OR text "TALK" to 38255
- National Suicide Hotline: 1-800-273-8255
- Mental Health Colorado has updated its resource page with useful information for those who are struggling with mental health or substance use challenges.
- Colorado Crisis Services. If you are more seriously concerned about your own mental health or that of someone close to you, you can call the Colorado Crisis Services at 1-844-493-8255
- Virtual AA meetings : Online AA Meetings During COVID-19
FREEDOM FROM VIOLENCE
- National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-SAFE (7233) The national hotline directs you to local services and professionals based on the number you’re calling.
- SafeHouse Denver – 303-318-9989 (24 hour/7 days a week, crisis and shelter line)
- SafeHouse Denver assists adults, children, and youth in reclaiming their right to a life free from domestic violence.
- COVID-19 Immigrant Resource Guide - This resource guide for the COVID-19 pandemic has been compiled with attention toward undocumented and mixed status households. Spanish: COVID-19- Recursos Comunitarios para los Inmigrantes
- Community Resources - In light of COVID-19, questions have arisen about how people can get assistance and support. The following list outlines a number of resources available for those in need. Spanish: Recursos Comunitarios
- National Immigration Law Center
- CUNY Citizenship Now!: Provides free, high quality, and confidential immigration law services to help individuals and families on their path to U.S. citizenship
- Hispanic Federation offers a host of direct immigration services.
CHILDCARE & STUDENT RESOURCES
- Emergency childcare for health care providers and staff, public safety, and staff supporting critically at-risk populations: covidchildcarecolorado.com
- A very comprehensive list of educational resources recommended by a DPS teacher: http://www.amazingeducationalresources.com/
***Disclaimer: inclusion of services or organizations on the list below should not be understood as an endorsement of these services or organizations by the RHRJ coalition.